سلام ، آیا این بازدید اول شماست ؟ یا
مشاهده RSS Feed

ELOH Review

به این مطلب امتیاز بدهید
This is what I immediately loved about ELOH – the emotions the art and sound evoke. The sounds match the animals. For example, the white chimp I mentioned has a more high-pitched drum sound when the beat bounces off of it, whereas the zen chimp’s drum sound is much lower. And the sound isn’t just for another layer of entertainment, it truly becomes integral to solving levels. When a level is cleared, the beat just feels right, as though it’s bouncing off each negative thought in your mind and, in the end, reaching a happier place because of it.
I understand that referencing emotion as a way to solve a puzzle game is, well, unconventional. And I honestly don’t know if that is what the developer was going for, although I do know the soothing feel was at least intentional. In my life, it seems that the only way I can solve problems is to panic and remain that way until there is no longer an issue. ELOH reminds me that the solution doesn’t have to be reached with anxiety; instead, solutions can be found by taking a moment to just listen to the beat in your own mind.
The learning curve is gentle. It begins with one type of animal. Then two. Then sliding switches are added, which is probably the biggest difficulty jump as you learn to use the animals to place the sliders properly – but you learn to operate the switches without animals, making that level of learning quite simple still.
All movement happens with direct gestures. Touch and drag a spirit to where you want it to go, and that is where it where it will go. Even moving the spirits and switches seems soothing, in an odd/surprising way. Nothing is made complicated. Even the user interface is easy, with only a couple clicks and swipes needed to access old puzzles or restart the current one anew.
ELOH is a premium game, with a one-time price and nothing more. You will never see an in-app ad, or receive an offer to watch one to receive an in-game bonus. Ads would, after all, remove the soothing element from the game: it’s not easy to feel stress-free and invested in a title when you need to watch an ad for a tactical war game or the like every five turns. [Editor’s Note: Amen!]

Submit "ELOH Review" to Digg Submit "ELOH Review" to del.icio.us Submit "ELOH Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "ELOH Review" to Google

دسته بندی ها
دسته بندی نشده

نظرات